Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fontadelics - Fonttiherkkuja

This is the book to have. It's Scripts: Elegant Lettering from Design's Golden Age by Steven Heller and Louise Fili. Inspiration to your work or DIY. Old-fashioned fonts and vintage feel.

scripts: elegant lettering from design's golden age

I love old neon light written signs. Few weeks ago I was in Montenegro in Budva and there were so many old-fashioned signs next to the beach. I was wondering why...never got the explanation but they were so pretty and gave the place a little bit old-fashioned style and spirit. But back to the book... I saw this book very first time in great blog called Book By Its Cover . This blog is really my favorite and I made an book order straight away to Amazon. I have found many lovely and useful books through this blog. It is illustrator, pattern designer and author Julia Rothman's book blog. But she's another story, I promise. Here's a peek to the book presented.




font

font


And then I have to mention another fontadelic book that I unfortunately don't have - yet! I just saw it in Wit&Whistle blog. Thanks for Amanda's fine blog, I found really great book called Typography Sketchbooks by Steven Heller(him again!) and Lita Talarico. It's worth to look maybe even worth to buy. 

Caught by inspiration? - I did. 


6 comments:

  1. I have this book too! I love it—it's full of great inspiration! Thanks so much for the mention! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let see how far these books takes us!

      Delete
  2. I literally gasped when I saw this. What a beautiful book! I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes! And it was fun to photograph it in the garden. I just love summer.

      Delete
  3. Still lusting over your blog header Gretchen-you've made such a great start. Font books are just fascinating. This is a lovely review :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Caroline! It's been so great to learn from the best! Lovely summer days to you!

      Delete

Blogging tips